Diversity and Inclusion
Progressive organisations place inclusion and diversity at the heart of their business model. For many, there is an unarguable business, moral and legal case to create an inclusive environment where everyone can flourish as individuals and as members of a team.
Fairness, inclusion and diversity enshrined in an organisation’s corporate values improves business effectiveness. Driving culture change, or building and reinforcing corporate values, is not easy. It has to be an organisation-wide effort, driven by the leadership and underpinned by policies, procedures and training – whilst maintaining ‘business as usual’.
To achieve a genuinely inclusive, diverse working culture requires winning hearts and minds. We work extensively in this area, and believe that incorporating live drama that reflects reality in organisation, is one of the most, if not the most, powerful ways of influencing behaviour whilst raising awareness.
Programmes we offer include:
- Creating inclusive workplaces
- Raising awareness around equality and diversity
- Developing inclusive leadership skills
- Bullying and harassment
- Dignity and respect at work
- Organisational values and behaviour standards
- Managing diverse teams
- Climate assessment focus groups
- Specific issue training, eg mental health, reasonable adjustment
Our training will benefit:
- Everyone: large numbers of people can be trained in a cost effective and innovative way.
- Senior leadership – exploring not just responsibilities, but also opportunities for effective management and organisational improvement.
- HR professionals and officers – building knowledge and confidence.
- Your organisation – progressive organisations can reap significant business benefits from a working culture that truly celebrates and embraces diversity
“Thoroughly professional and clearly knowledgeable they made what can seem a dull subject thoroughly engrossing. The interaction after the play from the members of the audience proved this. I have had nothing but positive feedback from those that I spoke to yesterday, most importantly from the junior element of the Regiment – one stating that ‘I really enjoyed it and it was nothing like I expected it to be and now know what to do and where to go’ – high praise indeed from a Pte soldier!”
Major Brian McGregor MBE AGC (SPS) | 6 Regiment Royal Logistic Corps
“The Royal Navy worked with the Garnett Foundation to update and improve our Diversity and Inclusion Training package, at all times they provided a professional and supportive service. The team at Garnett are proactive in their approach, being experts in the field of D&I they were able to provide a high level of support during this collaboration process, resulting in the creation of a new and innovative training package.”
Lieutenant Commander Rebecca Dallamore, Diversity & Inclusion Policy Office, Navy Command HQ