A passion to improve the patient experience making it more professional, responsive and caring is being actively pursued by Trusts. The challenge lies in how you engender a culture that embraces this aim and reinforces Trust Values, winning hearts and minds. Building on the Quality Standards in patient care, we have worked with several hospital Trusts to translate this vision into practical and achievable outcomes.
By providing a window into the patient experience, through powerful scenarios and patient stories we explore a raft of issues around personal and team responsibility in relation to the patient experience and journey.
Encouraging personal responsibility for standards of behaviour and positive communication are seen as vital ingredients to achieving a high quality service to patients and relatives. Our programme is designed to address key recommendations from the NICE consultative recommendations.
- Energise staff to strive for excellent patient-centred care
- Strengthen awareness of the needs of different patients
- Explore the impact of language and behaviour on colleagues, patients and relatives
- Promote acceptable behaviour standards
- Manage expectations, complaints and difficult behaviours
- Challenge personal pre-conceptions and deal with difficult situations
- Examine how organisational values promote a ‘patient centred’ culture
- Develop a personal action plan to bring about change in the workplace
We have developed a suite of programmes inspired by the need to explore essential standards of quality care and enhance the patient experience for:
- Nursing staff
- Front line staff (administrators/receptions)
- Multi-disciplinary groups
Having worked with over 45 NHS Trusts since 1998, we have developed a track record and reputation for designing and delivering training programmes that are robust, valuable and fit for purpose.
Our programmes include:
- The Essence of Caring
- Improving the Patient Experience
- Living the Values
- Introducing Bullying and Harassment Contact Officers