A dramatic rise in the profile of bullying in the workplace over recent years presents complex and far reaching challenges. Picking up on bullying behaviours and the causes quickly enough is vital to prevent it permeating the culture of an organisation.
Some facts about bullying and harassment:
- It compromises the performance of your organisation, its managers and workforce
- It can be reflected in your customers’ experience
- It compromises your duty of care to employees and colleagues
- It renders organisations non-compliant with The Equality Act
- The cost of bullying and harassment can be high.
Creating an inclusive culture is the route to addressing and eliminating bullying and harassment. Senior leaders have an enormous role to play in influencing an inclusive culture. Throughout an organisation, an inclusive culture empowers individuals to examine their personal impact and take responsibility for it.
Responsible organisations have a bullying and harassment policy and work on solving the issue quickly and informally. However they focus on WHAT to do – rarely on HOW to do it. Our training programmes link policy to practice and focus on HOW to resolve discord, enabling participants to choose a solution that suits their personal style. We illustrate how to tackle inappropriate language and behaviour in all its forms.
Through training to build inclusive leadership, culture and values, we help organisations address bullying and harassment.